Saturday, March 12, 2011

Teared up at this...

Yesterday, at a regular Friday happy hour, a coworker shared a story about a mutual student of ours.

(A little background: this student's mom really isn't in the picture, and he has basically no respect for his step mother, and is not afraid to say that. While I find that sad, I understand.)

Yesterday, he told my coworker that she is like a second mom to him. And that I am like his first mom.

I'm actually a little teary writing this. Yesterday, during our last advisory class, the students were to "reflect" on the advisory experience, and discuss likes, dislikes, and any potential information they would like to cover in the future. When I asked them what they liked about the class, they all said that they liked me the most. Later, in another class, a student decorated a post-it with her name, and that she <3's me, and stuck it on my monitor.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment