Wednesday, December 30, 2009

First day at the gym...


And I pulled a muscle. I did 35 minutes on the elliptical with the resistance turned up and I pulled a muscle in my side getting off the damn thing. I haven't been on an elliptical in...oh...over 3 years. I used one almost exclusively at the Y when I was trying to get into "wedding shape," whatever the hell that means.

But, I made it there and back in one piece. I really do like the place. It's really calm, quiet, and my new super small earbuds I bought are AWESOME and they are GREEN which I love love love. They fit and they don't hurt. For those of you (if anyone actually reads this!) who know me, you probably haven't noticed my super-small ear holes. I think it's one of those things that perhaps only I would notice when trying to use traditional earbuds (they actually pop out of my ears, not to mention they hurt like a bitch) or when Kevin tries to give me a wet Willy. Yup.

So, today's been a good day. Got up, cleaned house, had some cereal, some tea with a former student, then I bought way too much stuff at Target (of course), went to the gym and then bought groceries for tomorrow night in hopes that if I provide food people will actually come.

"If you cook it...they will come..."

All right. I'm going to go have an orange. They had these fancy oranges at Homeland that are pink on the inside. I couldn't resist. They aren't blood oranges but I'm intrigued. Perhaps I'll find a pic to post later on. Oh, and the other half of my snack will be some Advil!

No comments:

Post a Comment