Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Why do I stop?

Why do I ever stop eating like this and start eating pasta and rice again? WHY? I feel so much better this way and I always forget how much more energy I have. Last night, I could barely fall asleep. I thought I was tired, turned off the tv, and felt like I couldn't close my eyes. It took me a long while to fall asleep.

I woke up at 6:30 so I could try C25K again this morning, but the app will barely work on my phone. And the music wouldn't play, and that just won't do. I can't go without something in my brain besides my thoughts. So, after two blocks and much cursing, I turned back. I tried updating my phone, but after re-installing iTunes (because it wouldn't open because of "missing files") it said my phone was up to date. I guess it must be time to upgrade the phone. And yes, it was one of "those" mornings with technology. Blah. I will say that it was nice waking up and not feeling dead tired. I don't even remember any dreams from last night. That was nice.

I tried to find a decent workout on OnDemand, not feeling like going to the gym, but I don't think that 15 minutes of The Biggest Loser Workout is going to do much for me. I opted to lift weights and use the newly-inflated stability ball. I stuck to lower body and abs today, and maybe this evening I'll go to the gym and do some cardio.

My morning class isn't meeting right now, since half the class can't make it due to a certain school district starting earlier this year, so I have more time to work on my conducting for my afternoon class and work out in the morning, which is also nice. I'm quite looking forward to conducting, though I know I'm going to get reamed for facial expression. I do fine with angry stuff, but I want to conduct the slow, pretty movement, and it's weird just smiling through the whole thing, so I'm trying to go for "serene." We'll see how that works out. I'm at least challenging myself. It was fun playing yesterday, too.

I managed to lose about 4lbs of water weight in the last couple of days, and a lower carb diet will do that to you. We'll see how it goes from here.

Yesterdays' food:
B: a little under 1 cup plain lowfat yogurt, 1/8 cup sliced almonds, raspberries, and about a tbsp spun honey.
L: "Antipasto:" cherry tomatoes, mozz pears, prosciutto, hard salami, and bell pepper strips, water.
S: Colby Jack cheese stick.
D: "Low carb" beef stroganoff--sirloin cubes, mushrooms, onions in a mushroom/cream cheese/sour cream sauce with green beans.
DS: A huge peach

I can certainly say I got in my dairy yesterday! Hooray for calcium.

For now, I need to try and finish up this theory final. I won't be able to answer all of it, I know that for sure. But, I've tried hard and I know the person grading it will take that into account. I haven't done a lot of this stuff since undergrad...10 years ago. Use it or lose it, they say. Then lunch (breakfast today was the same as yesterday and tasty!) which will be leftovers and more green beans, and dinner is balsamic chicken and some kind of veggie. I am undecided. I was going to do a caprese salad and I might still. Just not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment