Friday, July 23, 2010

You know that I, I will survive.

I finished my classes. Hallelujah they are done. I think I did fine. I know I have an A coming in Theory, and hopefully in History as well. I didn't quite put the effort forth on my take-home final that some people did, but I treated as a test that wasn't a take home and answered the essays like I normally would, not in a crazy over-organized fashion that would make me go insane.

But, whatever happens, happens.

Last night I had a cocktail night with some new friends. And guess what? They weren't work friends. Boo-yah. I'm still trying to uphold my 30 for 30 as best I can. I'm making friends and failing miserably at shopping.

The other day, I realized a favorite shirt has a grease spot on it. As do several other shirts. And still others have holes or are worn to the point of pilling. I can't allow myself to be the teacher who dresses inappropriately or like a homeless person, so I've been trying to build up my wardrobe and shopping sales. It's difficult because I've had to pay for the new flooring in the cat room (currently being installed, pictures later!) and tuition but it has to be done. H had to pay for new French drains. I scored two dresses at Kohl's for $25 each the other day. I ordered an LEC cardigan in yellow (on sale for $20!) to go with the black and white polka dot dress and I'm awaiting a $14 cotton knee-length midnight blue skirt from ATL in the mail which will probably arrive today or tomorrow. And an adorable headband that was cheap, too. I'm amazed I've been able to find dresses this summer, but I'm not complaining!

School is just around the corner. I can't believe how fast the summer has gone by. June was a blur, of course, because of the flooding issue. July because of classes. I've got a lot of stuff together already for the kids (I swear I've printed an entire ream of paper!) and I'm a little excited about it.

After this weekend, I plan to get back on my lower-carb diet. I've really let things slide this month but I was more stressed out than I wanted to admit, so I just shoved food, soda, and alcohol in my face instead. It happens. Tomorrow is always another day. I am enjoying my new lunch box. It's easy to eat healthy with my food in there, but there were so many temptations at lunch on campus and around (there were times I just couldn't stay there, you know?) that I didn't always eat the best of lunches. It's easier when school is in session, because the only soda around is diet, and I don't do artificial anything, and I don't have time to go get anything so I'm kind of stuck with my lunch which is good! I look forward to normalcy.

All right, I have to go eat my peach to finish my breakfast. I love peaches this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment