Friday, July 30, 2010

Thursday, July 29

Here was my food from yesterday:
B: Yogurt, strawberries, a little sugar to sweeten the deal
L: Pizza wrap (low-carb ww tortilla, turkey pepperoni, 1 slice provolone, roasted red peppers), marinara for dipping (about 2 tsp), sliced red fresh peppers, a couple of cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) peaches, and 2 pieces Ghiradelli dark chocolate
S: Bowl of Life cereal (I have got to get some cheese sticks this weekend at the grocery to snack on!)
D: 2 small pieces grilled chicken with Mexican-inspired spices, tomato and avocado salad, a little more chocolate

The chocolate squares keep me from getting something else that is worse for me!

I was also feeling quite restless last night. A friend's wife got a job suddenly in another city, so he's moving. He teaches at my school, in my department, and since school is so close they had to scramble a bit to figure out what to do. I'm sad because he's a friend, and while I appreciate that he is giving up his (nice, cushy) teaching job in a (well-respected, nationally-ranked) charter school, I'm losing a friend and worthwhile colleague. So, I was a little sad. I realize it would be incredibly selfish to say, no! You can't move. So, instead I'm just trying to come to terms with the fact that yet again, a friend has moved on.

Brighter things ahead today, though. Desperately needed haircut this afternoon, and a massage after that. I haven't had any problems since my massage a couple of weeks ago. That poor girl had her work cut out for her. And my god, I was sore the next couple of days. But, no more numbness in my left arm! I think she worked most of it out. So today, I might actually get to have one of those "relaxing" massages people always talk about. Mine are usually kind of painful while they work out the kinks.

I read yesterday that massage helps with depression. If it were less expensive, then perhaps I would look into doing it more. My prescription was about $100 a month (no generic) and that's more than a massage every month would cost me. Maybe I should look into that!

No comments:

Post a Comment