Sunday, January 16, 2011

Constantly playing catch-up

Still no running. Still in pain. It was pretty unbearable yesterday. I think it was the seat at the movie theater.

H and I both felt sick yesterday evening. I think our lunch got to us, since we both had different dinners Friday night and it was too soon after dinner last night. I felt exhausted. True Grit was a great movie, though.

I slept probably 10+ hours the past two nights. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

This coming week, you probably won't hear from me much. Since H has all these fraternity meetings, I'll probably not be doing much in the way of cooking. I have tomorrow off so I'll probably just be cleaning house and playing Donkey Kong, while heating my poor hip flexor. I'm excited about having Monday off for MLK.

Tuesday night I am going to a meeting at a local Irish pub, which I'm excited about. The group I am meeting is gifting my band with flip folders for basketball games! Some of my students have been taping music to each others' backs. Now, if they would just buy the lyres for their instruments themselves...But, I get to eat at a place I've been wanting to go to for awhile. I haven't been in probably a year.

Thursday through Saturday I have a convention for music educators, so I have some networking and learning coming up. There are a few seminars I'm interested in. It's mostly seeing old college friends, teachers, and getting to dish about our jobs since most non-music people have no clue what we are talking about most of the time!

I doubt I'll get much in the way of working out in, as well. Walking for a while makes my hip ache and I'm getting pretty down in the dumps about it. Maybe I'll actually pick up those free weights and do something with my upper body this week like I've been meaning to.

So, if you haven't already figured out, my January "challenge" has been put on hold until further notice. I eat well most of the time, though this week is going to be kind of a bust. Since I can't run for now, I don't know when I'll finish C25K. January has ended up being far more busy than I expected, but that happens.

Anyway, there isn't much of a point to this post except to gripe about my injury and talk about work a little bit. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment