Monday, January 17, 2011

Feeling more "grown up"

Well, I made it this far into the month without purchasing clothes, one of the items on my January challenge I figured I could do even injured. However, I did decide that it was high time to buy some undergarments. The bras I have currently I bought at Dillard's almost two years ago (I can't believe they lasted this long!) and I've been buying undies in 3-packs for quite some time. So, I decided it was time that I put on my big-girl panties. Hahaha.

Now, I certainly didn't spend any big bucks, and Kohl's was having quite a nice BOGO 1/2 off sale on certain brands. I got some undies at Tar-jay out of a 5 for $20 bin, but they are nicer than the Hanes that I have.

I don't know why I felt like sharing all of that. I don't normally share much about my shopping adventures. It can be an adventure...or rather a treasure hunt...when you wear a D-DD. I love the girls, but it can be a challenge to find the right bra to lock and load them in. I refuse to be the teacher that has to cross her arms when it's cold. I want the girls where they belong, strapped down, in, and practically immobile. When you teach teenage boys, this is not just a preference...it is a must.

In fact, the last time I bought bras, the lady asked me what I wanted and I said pretty much just that. "I want them locked down, strapped in, and I can't show when I'm cold. I teach teenagers." The lady said, "I understand. I know what you need." I liked the one I tried so much I just bought three of that same style in different colors and never looked back!

So, that was my day. I also got some awesome new mascara and finished up the bathroom painting. Currently laundry is running and I got to have lunch with H and FIL. Here in a minute I'm going to put together this week's plans for band and my graduate project. I'm just a bundle of productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment