Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm so weird.

I am probably the only person that isn't going to enjoy this snow day. I had already taken the day off because I was supposed to go to a music educator's conference in a nearby city today and tomorrow. I diligently put sub plans together, got subs for all my classes, and now all of that work doesn't even matter. And now, we don't get a day off in February. I refuse to accept adding days on the end of the semester because there is very little precious vacation time between the end of the school year, and the start of my summer classes for grad school. Plus, MIL and FIL are going on a vacation during that same time (grr!) so we only have about a week.

I need a real vacation. Not an effing snow day.

I found out that I am going to have to take 12 hours this summer, plus my comprehensive exams. I think I just peed my pants a little...again...thinking about it.

I'm currently doing a graduate project with my band, though most of them don't know it. I went up to the university last week and had dressed nicer than usual (maybe...I'm getting better about that) since I was meeting with my adviser and all that. I snapped a picture in the bathroom with my iPhone (sorry about the quality...I'm a little shaky and you know iPhones don't have the most awesome cameras). I thought I would share it since as I was walking into the music building, I saw my reflection and thought, "wow, I look grown-up today!" And that was the first time I ever really thought that.

Good thing it happened now. I'm getting old.


As you can see, not much in the way of weight loss is happening, and I'm not standing in the most flattering of poses. And I have on no makeup or jewelry at that point, but you get the idea ha. And I'm totally forcing that idiotic smile. Forgive me, it was 6:30am. My face doesn't smile at that hour.

It was a lot of blue but it's kind of a favorite outfit now. I think monochromatic is an okay clothing concept, yes? Fashion bloggers, advice?

Ice blue cardigan: NY&Co.
Blue and black pattern shirt: Ross
Denim-blue trousers: NY&Co
Blue jeweled satin flats: Nine West via 6pm.com

So, this was me feeling grown-up. Now if I only felt grown-up enough to drive in the ice and snow without having a panic attack. Yeah, yeah...you northerners can deal (or can you? Seems there were a lot of closings and accidents during that blizzard recently...) but us Okies, well, we just don't see it often enough. And I maintain that no one can drive "well" on the ice. It's a crapshoot at best. And I drive a Fit. I have to go over 100 miles today to my destination (did I say "nearby city?" I was exaggerating). So, you can all just suck it.

Yeah, that's right. I said suck it. That's my grown up response.

I'm going to go eat cold pizza for breakfast now and play video games or something childish.

No comments:

Post a Comment