Monday, January 3, 2011

Derailment

So, the injury I have, according to the health and phys ed teacher at my school, is a hip flexor strain. I'm screwed. Evidently this is kind of a serious deal, from what I've been reading. I'm going to have to push back C25K a bit until I get this under control. I guess I'll focus on upper body weights instead.

Not like I could have ran this morning, anyway, since my stupid iPhone alarm didn't go off. it worked fine for me for my previously set 6:45am alarm, when I take my pills. But, the new alarm didn't work. I don't know what I'm going to do in the morning...oh, I can use Sleep Cycle, a really cool app that I have. It has an alarm! Problem solved :P All of that is to say that I didn't have time to do anything except scramble to work.

I guess for now, I'll focus on eating along the guidelines I set for myself and do upper body weights, and maybe ab work, until I feel my lower body has healed.

I am just an injury magnet, aren't I?

Oh, the best thing ever was said at my table at our meeting this morning. A teacher's phone started to vibrate, loudly and obnoxiously on the table. Honestly, this was the strongest phone vibration I've ever heard. The department head looked at them and said, "Good grief, girl, that's a big vibrator!" I lost it. The head of school was up there talking about something important and our entire table was just giggling away. I love my department head. She's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment