Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday, May 9, 2011

B: Hard boiled egg, slice of toast with Smart Balance spread
S: Low fat cheddar, 1 oz
L: (completely gross) Lean Cuisine, yummarific strawberries, 1 oz dark chocolate
D: Cooking Light Deep Dish Taco Pizza (yum!), BIG green salad w/homemade dijon dressing
S: More pizza (hey, I earned the points!)

W/O: 30 minutes elliptical, 10 minutes lower body weights, getting a feel for how strong my hip is. 4 activity points earned.

I wasn't as hungry today as yesterday. Man, I was starving yesterday. I don't think I'm eating nearly enough protein to stay satisfied. Hence the extra taco pizza after the workout! I prefer to eat lighter during the day and have a bigger meal so I don't wake up hungry. I know that goes against all those gurus that say you shouldn't eat a heavy dinner, don't eat after 7pm blah blah blah. Well, dammit, I find it nearly impossible to sleep well on an empty stomach.

Case in point: Last night, I had some roasted turkey breast, green beans, a tiny bit of jello mold and a slice of bread with some spread cheese for dinner. The dinner was mostly the green beans, about 4 oz of turkey, just a few bites of the jello and then the one piece of bread. I was hungry an hour later. I went to bed hungry, having no points left and with two days left before mine start over, I didn't want to let go of the extras that I still had left. I dreamed about zombies, and my weapon of choice was GREEN BEANS.

So, I will try to save enough points for a slightly larger dinner...and supplement with more water.

I've also decided that Lean Cuisines are gross. I used to find them tolerable, but now I just can't stand them. I might have to try those Amy's meals, for days when I have no leftovers. Luckily, for this week, I have leftovers! At least for the next three days.

Here's the taco pizza recipe. It goes great with a big ol' green salad:

CL Deep Dish Taco Pizza (adapted to my own needs and wants but still pretty much the same calorically)

1 lb ground round (I used co-op ground beef, which is pretty darn lean)
1/2 cup onion (they call for frozen, I used fresh)
2 TBSP Taco seasoning (I made my own)
1 can tomatoes with green chiles (I used Rotel), drained
1 can refrigerated pizza dough
1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese (Kraft 2% for me)

Preheat oven to 425°F
Sautee onions and ground beef, drain if necessary. Add tomatoes and seasoning. Simmer until most of the liquid has drained.

Spread pizza dough into sprayed 9X13 pan, along the bottom and sides (mine had ripped...grrrr). Spread the taco mixture over the top. Bake for 12 minutes, then add cheese and bake for another 5. Let it rest for a couple of minutes before cutting and serving. Serves 6 healthy appetites.

***Now, I didn't read all the directions, and put the cheese on from the beginning, so I just baked it for 15 minutes total and it was fine, but my oven runs a little warmer than it says.

H declared it a keeper and so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment