Thursday, January 7, 2010

Global Warming = Canadian weather in Oklahoma

Motivating oneself to go to the gym when it's a wind chill of -2 outside is almost an impossibility. Well, at least for me. Honestly, I don't know how you Yanks do it up north. Us southern gals are way more delicate in this frigid weather.

So, basically, that's a few sentences to say basically I suck at getting to the gym. This "arctic blast" has rendered me exhausted from trying to stay warm all the time! Couple that with wicked fatigue from pms (my husband calls it HFS: Hormonal Fatigue Syndrome) and I've been a lazy ass all week. Granted, a couple of days I was dealing with a band activity that took up my evenings, and last night the roads got icy. I could have gone after work, though...but the cold was just prohibitive to me. I'm hoping that Saturday will find me more refreshed and willing to get back into the gym swing of things. I know what I want to do, I just can't seem to get my body to where my mind is!

I managed to eat my parsnips last night. I mashed them with some potatoes. I'm not sure how I feel about them...they had a carroty quality to them that I didn't particularly care for much with the potatoes. I still ate them. I will roast some another night and see how I feel about them then. Perhaps in the future they will find themselves a starring role in a soup. This weekend I will pick a new veggie!

So far, I have managed to not let work get to me while at home. Though, I've only been teaching two days this week! Oversleeping by an hour yesterday morning didn't help me get back into the routine well, that's for sure!

I'm hoping to go to a girl's get-together next week with some online acquaintances. I would like to meet that "new friend" goal soon, if possible. I know it takes time!

So, basically that's the update for now. No gym time. Avoiding the cold when possible. Addicted to spicy foods for some reason (I blame the cold).

Stay warm, Oklahoma!

No comments:

Post a Comment