Sunday, January 10, 2010

You know what?

If you don't know for sure, you shouldn't ask.

I knew it was coming. My stupid fat belly has gotten large enough that a person actually asked if I was pregnant after hugging me. This isn't a person with whom I am particularly close (which is the case for the majority of the people on this planet!) but still...my god, if I was going to have a kid, and you're in our "circle," you probably would have heard by now!!!

Sheesh.


Anyway, this week's fruit or veggie is the pummelo, or pomelo, depending on where you're from. It's a HUGE citrus fruit and they are 2 for $5 at my local grocery. They must be in season since it's not something they carry often. So, I'll get two and my husband can have one, too. It's supposed to be like a sweet, mild grapefruit. I'm not the biggest fan of the bitterness I get with grapefruit, though I do love the smell. So, we'll see. I still have parsnips to get through, as well.


So, I guess I'll be spending some time at the gym today. I think I'm going to get on a treadmill, jack up the incline, and go to town. My trainer used to do that to me. I didn't do the best job I could this week, at all. I would like to think this coming week is going to be more "normal" schedule-wise, but it's not. Basketball Monday, a possible get-together Tuesday (I would like to go but I need the gym time and time at home) lessons Tuesday and Wednesday, and Thursday, and a prospective parent thing Thursday night. Bah. So, I'm going to have to try harder. Or go to the gym early, early in the morning. I'm hoping it will warm up a bit. It's been hard to motivate myself to do anything except stay warm these past few days.

I guess maybe I need to set some short-term weight loss goals or something. Like, I will drink xxx ounces of water or I will eat xxx servings of veggies this week or I will spend xxx hours at the gym. Bah. That's kind of all I can think this morning. Bah.

PMS doesn't help these matters at all. I friggin' hate pms. Maybe that's more of why I'm upset about the mistaken pregnancy thing. It has certainly added to the bloat given my penchant for salty foods this week of the month.

BAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment