Monday, February 1, 2010

Why can't I have a waffle of the week?




We had Julia Child's (well, an easier version but close) roasted chicken, parslied red potatoes, and buttered baby brussels sprouts for dinner last night. The sprouts were ok. I think I have finally found a vegetable that I can make for my husband once in awhile and not hate it! I would like to get my hands on some fresh ones and either saute or roast them. I've gotten some interesting recipes for them but I wasn't feeling inspired this week by the frozen selection at my neighborhood grocery.

I was watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay last night. His assignment was Belgian Waffles. Turns out, there's no such thing. They are really called Brussels Wafels and then there's this Liege Wafel that is made with yeast and pearl sugar and it's supposed to be chewy and amazing.

Why didn't I choose that as one of my 30 goals? Try a pastry from every country that has pastries. That would either require me to seriously ramp up my baking skills or do some serious searching in the 405 to find all that! Maybe the veggies and fruits really are a better deal.

I'm posting to you at 9 on a Monday morning because, yet again, no school. Some people get really upset over that! I'm kind of whatever about it...I don't get any time off between the end of school and the start of summer grad classes, except the weekend, so it doesn't really matter to me as long as it doesn't run over into June. I'm going to try and use this time productively, since I used the last four days mostly lounging!

I will try and upload some pictures of the ice. I'm still kind of new at the whole placement of photos.

I think I will also post a picture of my favorite citrus fruit: the tangelo. I have a bunch in the kitchen. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment