Friday, March 26, 2010

Frisee is okay

Got back on track today. Man, I just can't drink like I used to ;) I sure put it away last night. All in good fun, all for a friend. There was a time when I pretty much refused to go out on a weeknight. I was always too tired, didn't want to see people, worried about being tired the next day at work, etc. After a year on anti-depressants, I realized how much I enjoy seeing friends, even if it's just once in awhile, and that if I'm not home by 9pm the world will not end and I will still be able to function just fine the next day. I'm no longer on the meds (didn't want to see just how much higher my weight would go, didn't feel they were helping much anymore) and I can happily say that I do go out and see people about once a week. Financially, we just can't do much more than that. If I hadn't needed to take the dog to the vet to get her stitches out, I would have done a happy hour with work friends, but another time, perhaps. I feel good about this.

Food for today:
B: Plain yogurt, strawberries, a little bit of sugar so it wasn't mind-numbingly tart
S: Cheese stick (jinxed myself...I was hungry by 8:30 this morning...don't think last night's dinner of cheese fries and copious amounts of alcohol helped matters much)
L: Chicken, shrimp and andoullie (sp?) sausage jambalaya and about 1/4-1/2 cup of the brown rice, iced tea (it had peppers, onions, and tomatoes and a little bit of heat) at Elephant Bar. I love that brown rice is an option now!
S: None
D: Seared seasoned pork chop w/pan sauce (chicken broth, butter, pan drippings), green beans, salad w/spinach, frisee, tomatoes, red bell pepper and homemade vinaigrette.

Got in lots of protein today without overdoing the cheese. Probably not enough dairy but I overdid a couple of days so it's okay.

Tomorrow I have to guest carhop so I'll have limited lunch choices. I guess I should start looking at the Sonic menu now so I can figure out what the heck I can eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment