Wednesday, October 20, 2010

C25K Day 2

Wow, I was SLOW this morning. I reached about the same halfway point, but somewhere between there and back, I slowed way down. I was 7 houses down when the timer ended, instead of 2 like Monday morning.

However, I think that slowing down on day 2 seems like what would happen, normally. Plus, my lower half is TIRED from yesterday's workout. I'm lifting heavy upper body tomorrow and giving it a break. Plus, I have lots of cleaning/housework/yardwork to do so that'll keep me pretty active.

I slept great last night. My sleep cycle was low and steady for most of the night...until the dog wanted us to get up at 4:30. We ignored her and she went back to sleep. I might take her with me on Friday if the weather's nice.

Tonight I'm going to a place for Ethiopian food. Wish me luck. I'm not quite sure what I'm in for!

Oh, parent teacher conference day has turned into "receipt yearbook sales, clean tables, listen to holiday music for band, and discover you might have a crazy student" day. Like how I just slipped that in there? I have a student whose current event for Journalism was laced with misogynistic comments about Sarah Palin. Not only did they ignore the assignment's parameters, their comments were completely offensive and bigoted. I was appalled, and so was the counselor and principal, both of whom have never seen this side of this particular student.

I decided it was time to educate them. After all, that's what I do. I don't even know where to begin digesting what's going on with this kid. So, for now, I'm ignoring it and am going to go look at cold-weather workout clothing.

Ta-ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment