Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday, October 19

It was a good day :)

We increased our yearbook sales from 46% of our goal to 58% of our goal today! The kids love coloring in the books on their wall goal chart. You know the ones where you fill in until you get to 100%. This one has books. We love the array of Sharpies you can get these days for this very purpose.

I got my workout in this evening as planned. HHA Hips, Buns and Thighs. Wow, painful. I crossed my legs today and felt how tight the inside of my legs are, where they meet the body. I didn't know my abs were sore until Shaun T. made me do something that involved them and I said, out loud, holy shit.

I forgot how much running engages your core. And when you have a core like mine that doesn't get engaged all that often, it doesn't take much!

But, despite the pain, I got through most of the workout fine. Tomorrow morning is another run/walk morning, Day 2 of C25K. I really think I'm going to sign up for the Turkey Trot. It's far enough away that I have time to get prepared enough, as long as I stick with this. And if I have to walk some of it, I walk some. I can't find the map of where in Edmond it takes place, so I don't know how hilly it is. Everything's pretty flat out here on my side of the city so I might have to plan for that.

I felt pretty rested today, just a little sore, and I felt like I had enough energy to get through my workout with more to spare. I was good yesterday until about 8:30 and then my eyelids started to droop. I was here alone, too, so it made it easier to just pack it in and crawl into bed. I hope to have more energy after awhile, and I can feel a difference every day that I do work out; I just have to get up so damn early that I crash early.

Basketball game days are going to kill me. Blah. At least there are only 4, all in November, to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment