Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy 4th anniversary!

Yesterday, H and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. It is our 10th year together, total! We didn't know it, but one of the "gift" options for the 4th anniversary, along with flowers (boring) and candy (no thanks) is appliances. We bought a grill the other night :P

It only took TWO FREAKING HOURS to put it together. However, I did cook some nice steaks last night at 8:30. A little late for me, and I was starving, but whatevs. I had wine, and I survived. That baby was up to 500 degrees within 5 minutes. It was AWESOME.

Tonight I plan on marinating and grilling some chicken and zucchini/onions on there. I'm excited. Don't have to heat up the kitchen that way.

Yesterday's workout wasn't too bad--cardio recovery. Lots of squats, lunges, yoga. I'm not so hot at yoga because my boobs and fat get in the way of some of the stretches, especially those that require you to bend at the side, but, I got through.

Today it's just pure cardio. Again, I'm scrrrrd. I'm up a bit later today (needed to sleep some of that wine off!) and I have to go water someone's flowers while they are away on a trip, so I will probably work out after lunch today.

Might need to water my own flowers, too. Why the hell did it get so hot so fast? It went from like, 75 to 99 overnight. Boo hiss.

So, all in all, aside from the 2 hours putting the grill together (H and I do not work well in those situations...he constantly loses the screwdriver and I can't make heads or tails of those stupid picture-only instructions and get frustrated) it was a nice anniversary. I think I'm going to take him to a movie tomorrow--maybe the new Shrek! And then we get to celebrate at a friends' wedding (two of our friends marrying each other...awwwww) and I get to wear my new comfy pretty dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment