Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Temporarily displaced

Well, it's been an interesting 48 hours or so.

We have been displaced from our home for a little while. I am currently at my in-law's place, using up their food and technology. And beer ;) Well, no beer right this second, but in theory.

Callie is next to me on the rug enjoying the big house.

Everything is fine, but I don't plan on disclosing what's wrong with the house, so don't ask. Suffice it to say it's all fixable, and I get to do a little redecorating. No vacation for us this year, but I'll be able to make a room nicer for it. And maybe a garden in the back I hadn't planned on.

I haven't been able to work out, either. That charley horse in my foot is still bothering me, and yesterday, while doing my fit test, I managed to actually pull my entire neck muscle from ear to shoulder while doing power jumps.

Yes, jumps. Silly, stupid me.

I've been stressed, for obvious reasons, and it took a toll on me.

So, today I'm going to go to the Depot and look at flooring (we're going to replace the nasty smelly pee-carpet in the cat room and treat the subfloor) and find out how much all that is going to cost me. It's high-time I took down the OU border from along the top of the room, as well...and replaced the OU switchplates. Yes, the previous owners left all that behind. Silly gooses. At least the room is just white. I might paint it a night taupe with white border. It looks nice in my head, at least.

So, that's the update. No working out, not at home. Sleeping old-school style in a different bed than H because that's how the guest bedrooms are set up here (ha). Hopefully I'll be back in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment