Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pull on in to Frustration Station

As the day wore on yesterday, with all the painting, cleaning, and whatnot, I realized my left knee was bothering me. Not just a little bit, but like full-on pain when I sit, squat, or stand up.

I'm so frustrated. I don't know what I did to it. It's the sides around the knee that hurt, like the tendons or something, I don't know. I think I'm going to go buy a knee brace today to stabilize it so I can at least maybe go on a walk this evening.

Due to the amount of pain I'm having with my knee and hip flexors, I'm going to give Insanity a break. Which bums me out, because I like feeling like I accomplished something. It's hard to think of cardio that doesn't involve bending and putting weight on your knees! But, starting Monday I'm going to be in two classes that I have a feeling are going to be pretty hard and probably time-consuming. I can squeeze in a morning walk, though, maybe with the dog. Maybe evening walks, too. And I need to start tracking my food and watch the carbs again...I've not done a good job of that lately!

So, yet again, here we go. Today the Home Depot guy is supposed to come measure the room for floor and baseboards. The guy who took my appointment yesterday on the phone said the guy would call early this morning, probably around seven. I asked if he was kidding, and he said no. Well, it's eight. No phone calls. I did get the flowers watered (okay, just so you know, I originally typed "waters flowered"...seriously) and sprayed down the cat-pee chair with more enzyme cleaner. I'm probably going to make me a poached egg and a piece of whole grain toast (all my yogurt's old or dead) here in a few for breakfast and maybe get started on painting along the top of the cat room. That's all I have to do to finish painting! Yay!

So, no profound statements today or anything. Nothing exciting. Just plodding along until I have to go to class next week (boo hiss).

No comments:

Post a Comment