Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Vertigo

So. I've been experiencing vertigo for the past, oh, week almost. Every time I get up from laying down in bed, and now when I'm laying down in bed, I get dizzy. My balance has been off, and I've run into things more often than usual. It's bad enough with my monovision, but I've managed to hit things pretty hard, including my head!

I didn't pay as much attention to it the first couple of days because I was still sore from the waist down from the 5K. I thought maybe I'd imbibed just a little too much over the holiday (I'm still not ruling this out) but it all seems eerily reminiscent of an inner ear infection I had I think three years ago. It doesn't feel like a hangover. I have actually been thrown back down into bed after sitting up in the middle of the night to go pee. And now that I'm feeling the world spin around me while I'm in bed (only after a couple of glasses of wine, which doesn't do this to me), I'm getting suspicious. Especially since I had sinus pain a couple of weeks ago. My last ear infection was brought on by allergies I didn't even notice!

I'm trying to figure out when the hell I'm going to go see a doctor. I have a basketball game and jazz band after school today, a faculty meeting tomorrow, and flute sectionals on Thursday. I would hate to wait until Thursday, especially if I need antibiotics. I think I'm going to ask to go in the morning either today or tomorrow so I can go to a doc-in-a-box and get checked out. I didn't really like my primary PA that I had for awhile (the one who put me on the antidepressants) and since she moved to Edmond, I don't really have plans to go see her. I need to get a new one. Blah.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't like feeling "off" like this, especially with so much going on! At least it's the last bball game of the semester tonight so I won't have to worry about it anymore until January. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment