Friday, December 24, 2010

C25K W5D2 Repeat

No allergic reactions today! It was nice and cool and misty while I was out this morning. Those 8 minute runs weren't as easy the first time I did them, however. But, I've got to keep getting through! I thought I was going to be attacked by a bull terrier down the street, but he has one of those electric invisible collar things and though he was fast out of the garage (where was the owner?!?) he stopped short of the curb. I started thinking fast as to what I could do--hop in the back of someone's pick up?--and was ready to hit the gas if necessary, even though I was feeling a bit fatigued at the moment. Fear is a great motivator. Then I remembered that dog from another time before where the same thing happened. I was glad I could think on my feet, at least.

I spent the rest of the morning scanning my computer for a trojan that I guess Quicktime put on here after its update this morning. And the computer won't read my iPhone. I don't know what the heck is wrong with it.

I had a very late breakfast at IHOP with H and my sis and had some nice conversation. FIL called H while we were there and H laid it out pretty simple that I don't like steak oscar, that I didn't want it, and that we were tired of baked potatoes and that I would be happy to bring something. So now, I'm bringing some sort of au gratin potato (have ingredients, will cook) and an apple crisp with ice cream, that they don't know about. I wasn't in the mood for pumpkin pie. I'm not normally in the mood for pumpkin pie, anyway. So, thanks H, for standing up for me. But I told FIL yesterday that I didn't like steak oscar and that I would be happy to bring something besides a salad or baked potato. H said I wasn't direct enough. Whatever. I offer to bring food and you said plain asparagus, you asshat. I love the word asshat.

So, off to the salt mines, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment