Friday, December 31, 2010

January 2011 Challenge/Happy New Year!

Okay, so most of the suggestions I got on Facebook were P90X but this is a 30 day challenge, not a 90 day challenge, and I don't want to have to buy a whole bunch of equipment and DVD's. I also know my body isn't ready to do both C25K AND P90X together. That would be crazy. I can barely do C25K without hurting myself every other week. So, here's what I did. I made up a calendar for January, with a workout schedule for every day. There is really only one true "off" day, because I plan on doing my Wii Fit as an easy recovery thing on Sundays. So, here it is:


I have decided to throw ZUMBA into the mix on Thursday evenings, since there is one very close to me. There are other diet goals (not dieting, just guidelines for me to follow) to keep me accountable in that department. Alcohol will be cut way back, which is a good move financially as well as physically. I should finish C25K if all goes according to plan. I also included some rewards to keep me motivated, as well as a few meals to have some fun. I didn't want to give up my Sunday lunches with the husband, and I don't want to have to be limited on those days.

I will weigh and measure myself on day 1, and on the last day of the month, but no more. In fact, after tomorrow morning, I'm putting the scale in a place that will make it less desirable to get it out to weigh myself. Maybe the garage...

I will keep you updated every day with what I eat, how I move, and how this all affects me. I don't plan on seeing drastic differences but I hope to see some improvements, especially in the running department.

When February rolls around, I'll start a new challenge! I'm hoping to start Insanity again some time so look to see that as a future challenge.

Happy New Year to everyone--stay safe and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment