Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Freaking Holidays, people

I posted this on a board that I visit, and I didn't feel like re-typing it, so I'm just copying and pasting here. Good news is, I'm done with shopping and wrapping. I also got some things for myself, like 2 pairs of gloves for a buck fifty at Target that I can wear when running. I also got cute work socks, as I am sure that wearing work shoes with white crew socks is somehow a faux pas.

Here we go.

Yet again, I am completely miffed by my FIL. We decided that since H and I are going to my family's Christmas day celebration, that we would do Christmas Eve with H's parents. They were surprised we weren't going to be down with my family, but we never stay there. Never.

FIL decided he wants to grill steaks (fine). I offer to bring something and I was told "salad, or you could bring baked potatoes!" We eat effing salad and baked potatoes every single gdamn time we eat at their house. Pork chops, salad, baked potato. Cornish hens, salad, baked potato. It goes on and on. And not real baked potatoes...from the microwave. I find them disgusting and gluey.

So, I suggested I bring a hot vegetable: asparagus. I wanted to roast it. Roasted asparagus and steak are divine together. FIL said he was already going to steam asparagus and have steaks "Oscar" style with hollandaise and crab meat (I find this disgusting). He suggested I could bring the uncooked, unadorned asparagus.

I am an effing good cook. I think it is effing stupid to bring uncooked asparagus to Christmas Eve dinner. I think it's stupid to have the same damn thing we eat every time we go over there. It's a holiday, people. Let me bake, let me do something! I am 30, not a child, and a damn good cook. Better than any of you, which is why I think you won't let me bring anything anymore.

Also, I was pissed at lunch because FIL took out the whole office and they invited me, and I was essentially ignored the entire lunch while FIL fawned all over the administrative assistant (college-age girl) and her ability to eat soup properly and all the amazing etiquette she has and blah blah blah. I'm not asking for anyone to fawn all over me, but it would have been nice to have been included in the conversation for more than a comment that I should bring uncooked asparagus tomorrow night.

I have been in a holly jolly mood up until today. I'm pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment