Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chopped

So, yesterday I got my hair chopped off. It's the shortest I've ever had it! But, I'm really happy with it. It's easy to style and I can actually do several things with it, so I'm happy.

Not feeling too well this morning--feel like I have a cold coming on, which makes me really unhappy. Maybe I'll get some soup today or something. We're supposed to go to H's parent's house for dinner. Here's to hoping that no one asks if I'm pregnant this time. I've retired that shirt since another person asked me the same question nearly 10lbs less if I was expecting. Maybe I can wear it another time...maybe not.

I do plan to get on the workout wagon again very soon. I would have gone this morning and had had plans to go, but not being able to breathe doesn't really put me in a cardio kind of mood. I netti-potted my sinuses and I can't really tell if that helped anything or not. My throat isn't sore but it feels funny. Maybe I'm just run down.

We got our tax return the other day so we've been paying off cards, the fridge, H's parents (they gave us a no-interest loan for our house down payment so we wouldn't have to disturb H's mutual fund) and very soon my summer tuition. It's nice to feel caught up financially. I didn't realize how much money I'd spent lately. But now, maybe we can feel normal again. And I can start putting big chunks into savings, which is great. I also applied for a debit card the other day so I won't be using credit anymore. I plan to give myself a budget of "fun" money every two weeks (paid twice a month) and I'll live off that. The rest, after car payment, gym, water bill, etc. will go into savings. Screw Dave Ramsey ;)

Food from yesterday;
B: Scrambled eggs w/sauteed mushrooms and green onions and cheese, bacon, 1 piece whole wheat toast with jam
L: 2 tamales from the Edmond Arts Festival
D: Leftover roast beef over a piece of whole wheat toast (shit on a shingle), leftover mashed potatoes, steamed fresh broccoli
DS: Some heath bar bits and peanuts

Haven't had breakfast yet today, not really hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment