Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday--my favorite day

Thursday is my favorite day of the week. It carries all the promise of the weekend, but none of the guilt ;)

Yesterday was fine. I got bitched at by my principal before school even started. It's been a nice 5 year run with him, but frankly, I'm pretty glad he's retiring. I think his new position at a local university will suit him well. I would like to say that no, I do not exaggerate and yes, the windows in the band room really did come off track by accident. No one wanted them to. No one in there wants to have the windows off because it's been raining a lot and that is bad for the instruments. When the window is moving and starting to slide out by itself (and yes, we watched it and you could hear it squeaking as it moved) that is a problem. I did not make that up, principal. Do not make me out to be a fool.

I told the students that I wanted that window back in before class started, and that I wasn't going to get reamed for something I didn't even do. I think I even managed a chin quiver so they would think I was going to cry from the principal yelling at me ;) The window was back in before class even began.

This morning I received an email from one of my new newspaper staffers. He was accepted into a summer journalism institute that is normally reserved for upper classmen and he's only a sophomore next year! I'm so proud that he tried even though he was younger than the cutoff. Definitely a determined child :)

Yesterday's food was fine, as well. I did have some ice cream in the evening...well, frozen yogurt. One of those Braum's mixes. We dodged every storm (seriously, the sun never stopped shining) and it was so damn hot. H is in denial about how humid it is in this house. We have got to turn on the A/C this weekend when it's 89.

I am going to make a more conscious effort to drink more water today. I was parched...PARCHED...by the time I got home.

Food:
B: Usual
S: Bite of a donut...yes, just a bite
L: Chili, cheesestick
S: Some chicken (leftover from the other night...maybe 2oz)
D: Salmon croquettes, roasted asparagus
DS: Braum's chocolate mix with heath bars

It doesn't look like a lot of vegetables...but I ate a bang load of asparagus. And there was ketchup...Reagan said it was a veggie ;)

Off to work! The seniors get "robed" today. My newspaper editor chose next year's editor to robe her. That's the second time I've had a current graduating editor choose a future editor to robe them. I think that's a pretty cool tradition!!!

Edited to Add: I am wearing a pair of Gap trousers that I haven't worn in well over a year today to work. Comfortably. And the pockets don't stick out from my hips being too big. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment