Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sweet gestures

So, I told you all about how I took senior portraits for a student of mine. Well, yesterday, I got paid...in food! The mom came by 7th hour with a cool little flexible bucket that had a lasagna, french bread, a s'mores cake, and salad w/fixins inside. It was so sweet!

And it was tasty :) I'll be taking the cake up to the school for others to enjoy. We'll never be able to eat it on our own, anyway.

Yesterday, the only thing that tasted good most of the day was sweet stuff...the amount of drugs in my system, plus the crazy allergies, really threw off my taste buds. You know how that happens when you're sick? Yeah, that was yesterday, too. So, I had a little ice cream at the faculty meeting and it was SOOOOO worth it. It felt good on my ragged throat.

I felt a lot better when I got home, after taking an Exederin Migraine for what was quickly becoming a mind-blowing headache. Since I felt so much better, and H was out riding his bike, I thought I'd do some Wii Fit to both pass the time and get in some activity. It's been almost an entire year since I stepped on that little board. I'm 9.6 pounds lighter than the last time I used it! It weighed me less than my own scale did yesterday morning, about a whole pound. I don't know which one to believe. But, I'll take less any day! I thought I had put on more weight over the summer while in classes but I think it was just my own lack of knowing what I weighed to begin with. Whoops.

I did about 25 minutes on there. I unlocked a few more activities including one where you can keep doing the step while you watch tv for half an hour. It just keeps clicking through the remote so you know often to step. You can change how you step (side-side, left-right-right-left) to mix it up. Pretty cool :) I didn't do that one but I plan to in the future!

I also found out yesterday one of my students is auditioning for the Oklahoma Youth Orchestra Wind Symphony. I'm so excited for them! This is my first student ever to audition for it :) This is a student who might actually continue studying music after high school, yay!

All right. Without further adieu, here's yesterday's food. Mind you, I have managed to lose 8.8 pounds and yesterday morning I was able to put on a button-down that I haven't worn since the fall of '08 when H bought it for my birthday, so don't judge too harshly.

B: Usual
S: A little bit of an apple fritter
L: Chili, cheesestick (tasted weeeeeird to me)
S: A little cookie bar and a little bit of chocolate ice cream (meeting)
D: Lasagna, salad, few pieces of french bread, water
DS: S'mores cake

And a HUGE gas bubble from eating all the bread! It hurt so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment