Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Twistah

So, yesterday was...interesting...I learned that I can fit all three cats, myself, and the dog in our tiny laundry room with room to spare. I had to put Extra in the washing machine, since she doesn't like the dog, but Anchovy just made himself at home in the closet shelving. In fact, he just followed me in there like it was no big deal, like we do that all the time. He's a little too smart sometimes...

After the storm passed, and the sun immediately came out, I watched the news and all the tornadoes and damage. It was impressive and awe-inspiring. I wish so many hadn't lost their homes or those 5 people who lost their lives. Tornadoes are something I have a love-hate relationship...I've never seen one myself, and always have wanted to, but if they could just stay in a field, where it's flat and I could see it without danger for myself or anyone else, then I would be happy!

I didn't eat much during the day, hence the large dinner you are about to witness. It was GOOD, though.

B: Usual, though I've added blackberries...they are a bit bitter
S: Did I eat one?
L: Chili, cheesestick
S: A small piece of chocolate cake (leftover from Mother's Day)
D: NY strip steak w/mushroom sauce, pommes frittes, spinach salad w/shaved parm and lemon vinaigarette. Again, SO GOOD.
DS: More cake...blah. Stressful situation.

I didn't get much sleep last night, at least, not as fitful as I would like. I had a dream that I don't remember much of, except for the zombie cats that you had to pop their heads off to kill them. They literally made a "pop" sound in the dream. I woke up at exactly 3:00am and could not get that out of my mind. I also managed to scratch my nose right as I was falling asleep. I do not have long or sharp nails. It friggin' hurts, too.

I'm going to go look up dreams about zombies. You would think I would have had tornado dreams but noooooo. Zombie cats. I think it was because in this one classroom where they dissect cats, one of the vacuum-sealed cats is still on the counter, unused. It's really creepy and big. I try to avoid it if I can. Maybe that's it. Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment