Monday, May 17, 2010

Rainy days and Mondays...

Damn, yesterday was NUTS! We're lucky--some golfball sized hail but it didn't do any major damage. I was jeans shopping with my sis at Quail Springs and we got out of there just in time to see the hail core and literally run to the car and drive to hear apartment across the street. We put our cars under the awnings there and waited it out. Driving home I saw ice fog (so thick at times I couldn't see past the nose of my car), thick hail on the roads, and water deep enough to make me wary of driving through. I actually did a fist-pump after getting through one and gave a driver who was stopped, facing the opposite direction a thumbs up to let them know that if my Fit could get through, surely they would make it in an SUV.

Others, I know, were not so lucky. I know there was large hail near my school, so we are going to see what the damage is there. The orchestra teacher texted me last night to tell me it didn't look bad; however, we have a messed up window in the music room that was haphazardly covered with a trash bag since the window literally fell in (luckily it did not shatter but it was pretty funny how I found it leaning against a stack of chairs last Monday morning). There weren't any instruments over there, but the heat and a/c unit is. It's somewhat shielded there, so I'm hoping that nothing too bad happened. What a mess, though. I know so many people who's cars were totaled, shattered, etc. yesterday. I am SO lucky.

Today I think I'm going to cancel my gym membership. It's $48 a month that I am wasting by not going. I'm pretty sure I've even lost the key card. I know when it's hot this summer I won't drag my ass over there, especially when I'm in classes that are probably going to be stressing me out. So, I'm going to try a new at-home workout: Insanity. My sister has been doing this for a few weeks with great results. I've done this kind of working out before, with a personal trainer and in a class, so I know what I'm up against. I also know that I don't have to be in perfect shape to do it--I just need to keep going.

So, June 1 will be my start day. 60 days will take me to the end of July (likely will be on vacay at that time but I'll get close) and hopefully back to how I want to look. I can start a new school year with the new me. So, I'm asking you to hold me to it, dear readers and blog.

Yesterday's food:
B: Nothing...late
L: Half a cheeseburger, 2 roasted new potatoes (seriously, only half!)
D: "Pollo loco" (chicken marinated in lime juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, onion, jalapeno, and an array of spices) a breast and a wing of that, and some black beans with a little cheese and pico on top
DS: Fresh strawberries with cool whip (it keeps me from wanting ice cream!)

Today is a new day. No storms. No stress. No shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment