Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Arts Festival

That's right, the Downtown Arts Festival has come to town!

We decided to go down yesterday evening. A few of my students were performing in the "Idol" contest so I figured I could watch them perform, get some interesting food, and see some art.

I didn't bank on seeing that many of my students there! It was weird. Former and current. I ran into...let's see...nearly 10 of them! Plus siblings, parents, and some of H's relatives. All those people there, milling around, and you still manage to find someone you know ;) I love OKC.

We ended up eating there. I got the prime rib sliders and split the drunken fries with H. They were very well seasoned and had some kind of sauce on them. The sliders were definitely tasty. He got a bacon-wrapped chicken stick that I probably should have eaten haha. I did come home and have some grapes so I had another fruit in.

There is just too much going on right now--today I'm taking a band student to the State solo contest which means I'll be eating lunch at Eskimo Joe's. I'm sure they have some sort of chicken or beef something that I can get. We'll see how I do.

Yesterday, I received a compliment in an email from a parent. Then later, a student told me I had "pretty eyes." Now, this student isn't one of mine, I was simply getting their class set up since their sub was running late. I see him all the time, and we know who each other is...but frankly, I was a little creeped out by that! I didn't know if I was supposed to be flattered or suspicious. It's sad that that's my reaction, but we're talking teenagers here, and most often things like that are carefully calculated manipulative devices! However, I'll just put the compliment in my compliment bank and roll on ;)

Food for yesterday:
B: Usual, but with fresh strawberries since they are in season and less expensive
S: Peanuts
L: Chili, cheesestick
S: a piece of gooey butter cake (these are the kinds of things that I will splurge on, for my sanity, and it was AH-MAZING)
D: Prime rib sliders (small) split the drunken cheese fries with H, a small Coke
DS: Grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment