Thursday, April 22, 2010

Is life ever going to slow down???!?!

State solo and ensemble yesterday. Funny how a salty lunch and dinner can pack on 2lbs overnight :P

My student received an Excellent (II) rating for his performance on the alto sax yesterday. He was my only student to go (it's been 2 years since I went and I only had one then, too) so we got to listen to other bands perform. If I can scrounge up $40 then I can buy a CD of yesterday's performance.

Yes, $40. Hardly seems worth it. However, my band NEVER gets to hear other bands of their size, so it would be a way for them to get to hear the other bands without having to go anywhere. $40 is way cheaper than renting a bus and getting the kids out of school for a day!

We ate at Qdoba. I could have done better. I made Mongolian beef for dinner, which has a lot of soy sauce (albeit low sodium but still) so lots of salt. Yummy, delicious salt!

Nothing to knock me off track today, at least. A fairly normal day is in store.

Yesterday's food:
B: Usual
L: Nachos, coke
D: Mongolian beef, sesame green beans, iced tea
DS: Grapes

Doesn't look like much, but I ate waaaaaaay too much at lunch. Time to get back on track. Shouldn't be hard the next few days as I don't really have anything to worry about. I have to help with after prom but that's not all night so I don't need to eat in the middle of the night (popcorn, pizza are going to be offered).

I have my first-ever paying photography gig this coming Sunday. A student of mine wants senior pictures but all the companies are expensive. So, she and her mom asked me to do it :) I thought that was a nice compliment to my photography skills. Not that you've ever seen them on this site. I should post a picture just for gratuitous fun. Here ya go:

Wait, I'm not good with this yet so please be patient haha.


That's Anchovy wearing his Sunday best. Isn't it adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment