Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Successful Monday

My kids did very well at their spring media event--we received Highest Honors for our paper and I had two girls place first in their on-site contest categories. It's nice to feel validated. One of the girls is my current editor, who competed in the unsigned editorial contest. Recently, there was a bit of a blow-out with the student council about an editorial she wrote (which didn't just slam the stuco; in fact, it hardly even did that but they took it very personally) so she said, "Take THAT, STUCO!!!"

It was funny. They were so into it, too. Which is nice.

Food was good yesterday, too, despite having to eat at Wendy's for lunch.

B: Usual yogurt breakfast
S: Half a cheesestick (the texture was all wrong after it got warm in my purse!)
S: Some peanuts, a small amount
L: Southwest taco salad from Wendy's, sans tortilla strips and sans dressing
S: Few more peanuts
D: Chicken caccitore--chicken thighs, tomatoes, onions, red bell peppers, mushrooms in a rich sauce with balsamic, chicken broth, tomato paste, and a little butter to thicken. Yum.

Put the two pounds back on that I lost last week, but I'm waiting for them to fall off again after a few days of better eating. Two steps forward, one back, I guess.

Today: Yardwork. I need to do it. I hate lugging 40lb bags of anything but I'm going to have to do it. And before any storms come through.

No comments:

Post a Comment