Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Don't judge me...

I ate a Twix yesterday. My lunch was icky and I was still just bone-tired from the trip and it was all I could think about! I was also still quite wobbly and sick feeling...some of the kids complained of the same thing, so I felt less old, at least.

Here was my food:
B: Usual
S: Cheese stick
L: Chicken thigh, zucchini (I realized it was still raw after taking a bite...blech)
S: Twix
S2: Some chicken wings (not the best choice but at least they had no sugar)
D: Salmon croquettes and roasted asparagus, water
DS: Grapes

Not a great day. However, after coming off that trip, I'm glad I at least got a couple of veggies and fruit in there! That was an improvement. Today will hopefully be better.

I got a lovely email from a parent about their band kid. Succinct and simple, but it certainly has touched my heart:

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the band. "Child" waffled before school started this year on whether or not he wanted to stay in band. We are pleased to say that he has not had another doubt about his participation since working under your direction. Your enthusiasm and passion has rekindled his interest this year.


Aw. It almost made me tear up a little. I wasn't feeling too dedicated yesterday, I was so tired! I have to go to Stillwater this week and miss yet another day of school for my one child who's going to State solo contest. Which is great. It's just hard missing 4-5 days in one month.

And while we're at it, where the hell did April go, anyway? It's almost gone already :(

No comments:

Post a Comment